Vector Gaming
Hello Guest, please register on our forums to get full access to our special features such as:
-Posting
-Viewing Hidden Content
-Viewing the Gallery
-View the Calender
-View the Member List
-Using Search
Vector Gaming
Hello Guest, please register on our forums to get full access to our special features such as:
-Posting
-Viewing Hidden Content
-Viewing the Gallery
-View the Calender
-View the Member List
-Using Search
Vector Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Add friends by going to a user's profile and selecting Add to my friends list.
Accept friend requests by going to your Profile>Friends and Foes>Pending Requests (+100pts to Power Level)
Let an administrator know about any upcoming events (Matches, parties, w/e), so we can post it on the calender!
Current Hits

Halp Me Zomg!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CRiSPY
Memorable
Memorable
CRiSPY

Power Level : 4530

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock10/23/2010, 3:02 am

Anyone got a solution to this... When i try 2 launch l4d2. nothing pops up. no error messages, no menu, video. Nothing. Any ideas? :/
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CRiSPY23
Raf
Raf

Power Level : 681

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock10/25/2010, 7:03 pm

Me and one of my friends got a crash to desktop after the latest patch, but for both of us the intro video plays and then it crashes before it goes to the main menu. If you have -novid, then it would straight crash. Do you have -novid? take it off and see if the video plays.

For me it was a combination of two problems. One with plugins/add-ons and the other with a steam file.

I think there is a compatibility issue with plugins, skins, etc with the new patch although I don't really remember changing anything except glows but I still had a ton of files in the l4d2 folder after I uninstalled so I must have had some crap in there.

After I did a fresh re-install I did a verify and it fixed the steam file. If I didn't fix the steam file the game would load but when I join a game I would get an error saying my steam.ini file failed to verify or something like that.
Back to top Go down
CRiSPY
Memorable
Memorable
CRiSPY

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock10/25/2010, 11:29 pm

Raf wrote:
Me and one of my friends got a crash to desktop after the latest patch, but for both of us the intro video plays and then it crashes before it goes to the main menu. If you have -novid, then it would straight crash. Do you have -novid? take it off and see if the video plays.

For me it was a combination of two problems. One with plugins/add-ons and the other with a steam file.

I think there is a compatibility issue with plugins, skins, etc with the new patch although I don't really remember changing anything except glows but I still had a ton of files in the l4d2 folder after I uninstalled so I must have had some crap in there.

After I did a fresh re-install I did a verify and it fixed the steam file. If I didn't fix the steam file the game would load but when I join a game I would get an error saying my steam.ini file failed to verify or something like that.

ive tried w/ -novid and w/o -novid
i also uninstalled and verified cache files twice... nothing's working =/
Back to top Go down
Raf
Raf

Power Level : 681

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock10/26/2010, 4:29 am

Yeah but my question is, when you take -novid off so that it's supposed to play the movie, do you see the movie and then it crashes after or does it crash before the game opens at all.

If the game crashes before it does anything then you might have a different problem than me. Did the game ever work or did it break after the latest patch?

When you uninstall make sure you manually go to the l4d2 folder and delete all the extra files in there because sometimes it leaves behind extra files.

Other than that update your graphics drivers if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
CRiSPY
Memorable
Memorable
CRiSPY

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock10/26/2010, 4:35 pm

Well, the game never crashes...it just never starts up...it says "launching L4D2" but never starts...

Idk when this started happening, ive been away for a while, when i got my new motherboard i installed all my games again and l4d2 is the only one that wont work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halp Me Zomg! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halp Me Zomg!   Halp Me Zomg! Clock

Back to top Go down

Halp Me Zomg!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vector Gaming :: Games :: Discussion :: Left 4 Dead 1&2-
Jump to: